Highlands High School Announcements "Home of the Scots"
- ATTENTION Seniors who have been accepted to 4 year colleges or universities. The Project Dream College Bound Scholarship application is ready for you to pick up in the counseling office from your counselor or Ms. Yang. An independent selection committee will review all applications from eligible candidates. The top scoring candidates will receive a $300 scholarship for a shopping spree at Target for dorm and school supplies. Competed applications are due by April 28th by 3 p.m. to the Project Dream mailbox at the District office. Get yours soon, before they run out.
- Make sure you’re gearing up for our Spirit Friday’s each week. Each student and staff member is asked to rock your Highlands gear with Pride weekly. Each week will be counted to determine a spirit winner monthly during our 4th pd. classes. Let your Scots spirit fly high!!!
- Clubs exist to get students connected to their interests in order to make a greater impact here a Highlands. Take the time to talk to your teachers to see if they advise a club and then join. Look for the signs to be posted in the halls which will get you headed in the right direction. Plug in , power up, and pull out with intensity to make a difference on our campus. If you have further questions see Mr German for details.
- Club L.I.F.T. meets on Tuesdays after school in room E11. Come be a part and lets make a difference!!!
- Freshman, are you struggling in your classes, do you need some support? This is your chance to get the support and accountability you need, as well as a chance to make new friends. Join the FNAF club( Freddy Needs A Friend) by bringing your lunch to E-12 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays to earn rewards, and prizes.
ASB/ Leadership/ Club L.I.F.T.
- Do you have great ideas, and have no room on your schedule to be in the leadership class. Please stop by room E-11 to see Mr. German for further details on how you can get involved.
- Juniors and Seniors,There will be a UC Davis presentation on Wednesday, April 19 during 3rd period.Students interested in UC Davis are encourage to sign up in the Counseling.
Bring in your college acceptance, Military Contracts and/or Scholarship Award letters to Ms. Yang at the Counseling Center to have your name put on the College Board. Those accepted to a 4 year college will receive a College acceptance t shirt.
- Senior class – your class meeting is held each Wednesday during lunch in Mrs. Olson’s classroom, E8.